Solid Form Team Leader - Cambridge, UK
Solid Form Team Leader
Location: Cambridge, UK
Employment type: Full time permanent
Closing date: 31st October 2016
Johnson Matthey has an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join the Solid Form Group of the Fine Chemicals Division. The Solid Form Services (Pharmorphix®) business understands and modifies the physical form properties of an active pharmaceutical ingredient to enable the rapid development of candidate drugs, thus providing benefits for patients, and strengthening the intellectual property position of our clients.
As a leading provider of solid form contract research and development services to the international pharmaceutical and biotech industry, this is a challenging role for an ambitious individual wishing to develop their career.
- Demonstrating leadership in EHS through actively promoting the JM safety culture.
- Efficiently managing multiple projects to meet objectives, timescales and budgets, as well as developing expertise in new technology areas to fit project requirements.
- Compiling and collating multiple results, taking the lead in preparing and presenting these internally and externally.
- Supervising and providing technical leadership to a team of scientists, proactively contributing to their scientific and personal development, reviewing the quality of their work and helping them to resolve problems.
- Proactively engaging in business development activities, including writing proposals, initiating new project discussions with existing clients and reviewing client based proposals.
- Representing the Company as a technical expert, establishing close and effective working relationships and networks across the Group, customers and others, continually seeking opportunities for collaboration.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- A postgraduate qualification (or equivalent experience) in a chemistry related discipline or pharmaceutical sciences and significant experience in a synthetic organic chemistry laboratory
- Proven experience leading projects and people in either an academic or pharmaceutical environment
- Extensive relevant experience and understanding of working in a CRO environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of GMP, GLP,and ISO 9001 is desirable
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.